The primary purpose of the Chapter is to promote the education of individuals for the improvement and development of their capabilities relating to the auditing of, management consulting in, or direct management of the fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance. The objectives of the Chapter are:
- To promote the education of and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, auditing, security, control and assurance;
- To encourage an open exchange of IT governance, IS audit and control, assurance and security techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit and control, assurance, and security that can be of benefit to them and their employers;
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IT governance and IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the effective organization and utilization of IT resources; and,
- To promote the Association’s professional certifications and IT governance.
This chapter is run by volunteers who are ISACA members nominated through ISACA Annual General Meeting (AGM). ISACA members’ participations in running the chapter are highly encouraged.
ISACA (previously the Information Systems Audit and Control Association) is a world wide association of IS governance professionals. The association currently focuses on assurance, security, and governance and provides globally recognized certification in assurance (Certified Information Systems Auditor), security (Certified Information Security Manager), and governance (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT).
The association is one of individual members, often the sole practitioner of information systems auditing, security, and/or governance in his or her company. The membership of the ISACA reflects a multiplicity of backgrounds and skills that make the information systems governance field challenging and dynamic.