The IT Auditor works closely with all levels of management to assess the Company’s operations and projects, focusing on those that support strategic initiatives and business plans. The IT Auditor plays an integral role in evaluating the effectiveness of information technology systems, processes, and internal controls.
*Salary depends upon individual credentials, experience, and position market pay level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interface with process owners to understand business risks and priorities, communicate audit progress and findings, and identify corrective actions.
- Represent the department in various process owner meetings.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in audit execution activities and on company projects.
- May manage the relationship between the Company and the external auditing firms with regard to timeline, budget, and scope of auditing work performed by those firms.
- Support Senior IT Auditors in risk-based planning and executing information technology audits according to audit plan objectives, scope, timing, and deliverables, and within Sarbanes-Oxley and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Conduct IT audits to determine compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management and applicable regulations (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Conduct an assessment of corporate risks, assess financial controls, recommend improvements, and report findings to senior management.
- Support risk assessment activities, including evaluating the risk universe, audit plan development, and audit planning procedures across multiple business units.
- Work with Senior and Lead IT Auditors and process owners to understand business risks and priorities, communicate audit progress and findings, and identify management action plans.
- Assist all levels of management in evaluating strategies and developing action plans to address audit issues and opportunities to improve operations.
Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related field) from an accredited college or university required. Advanced college degree preferred. One or more years of relevant experience in external auditing, internal auditing or an IT related field required. Three or more years of experience preferred. Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and/or business risk assessment in a regulated environment preferred. Public accounting experience preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Professional certification such as CISA, CPA, CIA, PMP or similar certification required. Knowledge of Oracle preferred. Proficiency in internal auditing professional standards preferred.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.ameren.com.