Website Ernst & Young
Opportunities available in EY's Advisory Services Risk practice
*Please send resume for consideration to Katie.Skelly@ey.com.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. Ernst & Young Advisory Services is a $4 billion global practice, with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Advisory market of $150 billion, there’s tremendous potential for growth – and we’re prepared to tap into that potential. Our Advisory team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today’s complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement, and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
When you’re on our Advisory team, you specialize in a particular competency – Risk, Performance Improvement, or IT Risk & Assurance. You also have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. In Advisory, our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based and competency-driven. That’s what differentiates Ernst & Young in the Advisory marketplace.
Information technology is a key enabler, and we’re integrating IT into our Advisory transformation engagements. Our IT Risk & Assurance team delivers world-class information technology advice as part of our broader risk and business improvement services. We provide services such as financial audit IT integration, third party reporting, IT Risk Advisory, information management & analysis and information security.
The opportunity is now. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential – Ernst & Young Advisory Services is for you.
Within EY’s IT Risk & Assurance practice, the Manager is responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. Engagements focus on the assessment and/or evaluation of IT systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Engagements may be either assurance (attestation) and/or risk advisory in nature, and vary considerably in size and complexity. All of our IT Risk & Assurance services, whether assurance or advisory in nature, are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve IT and business performance. In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and SSAE-16 engagements, our IT risk advisory services focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of ERP implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis.
– Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues. Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement. Brief the engagement team on the client’s IT environment and industry IT trends. Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables.
– Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations. Use extensive knowledge of the client’s business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client’s business.
– Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
– Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients
To qualify, candidates must have:
• a bachelor’s degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
• a degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
• extensive experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
• significant experience in having applied relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) SSAE-16 engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and controls reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
• strong project management skills
• advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
• demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT or certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the date of hire. Based on an individual’s professional background, area of specialization, or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials, or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable substitutes with written consent of EY’s Americas IT Risk & Assurance leadership.
To apply for this job email your details to Katie.Skelly@ey.com