Website Ernst & Young
Opportunities available in EY's Advisory Services Risk practice
*Please submit resume for consideration to Katie.Skelly@ey.com.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. Ernst & Young Advisory Services is a $4 billion global practice, with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Advisory market of $150 billion, there’s tremendous potential for growth – and we’re prepared to tap into that potential. Our Advisory team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today’s complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement, and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
When you’re on our Advisory team, you specialize in a particular competency – Risk, Performance Improvement, or IT Risk & Assurance. You also have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. In Advisory, our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based and competency-driven. That’s what differentiates Ernst & Young in the Advisory marketplace.
Information technology is a key enabler, and we’re integrating IT into our Advisory transformation engagements. Our IT Risk & Assurance team delivers world-class information technology advice as part of our broader risk and business improvement services. We provide services such as financial audit IT integration, third party reporting, IT Risk Advisory, information management & analysis and information security.
The opportunity is now. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential – Ernst & Young Advisory Services is for you.
Within EY’s IT Risk & Assurance practice, the Senior participates in and supervises multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. Engagements focus on the assessment and/or evaluation of Information Technology (IT) systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Engagements may be either assurance (attestation) and/or risk advisory in nature, and vary considerably in size and complexity. All of our IT Risk & Assurance services, whether assurance or advisory in nature, are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve IT and business performance. In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and SSAE-16 engagements, our IT risk advisory services focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis.
This professional serves as a fieldwork leader to assist clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. The successful candidate will work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT Risk & Assurance professionals in performing information technology control and security engagements.
– Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents. Work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology. Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance.-
– Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems. Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
– Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
To qualify, candidates must have:
– a bachelor’s degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
– a degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
– a minimum of 18 months of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
– significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) SSAE-16 engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
– project management skills
– strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
– leadership, teamwork and client service skills
– demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager.
To apply for this job please visit ey.com.